MICROBLADING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent tattooing because the hairlike strokes aren’t as deeply ingrained into the skin (compared to, say, hairlike strokes created by a tattoo gun). The pigment used in microblading is also different from what you’d get with a tattoo, because your body eventually ends up metabolizing it and it fades away. Plus, the dye particles are less concentrated in microblading ink, which gives your brows a softer, more realistic look.
How is Microblading performed?
Instead of using a traditional tattoo gun, microblading requires the use of a small tool with teeny, tiny needles. These needles are used to manually draw delicate hair strokes while also depositing pigment under your skin. The result? Realistic-looking brow hairs that don’t wash off.
Does it hurt?
Microblading certainly is not a painless procedure, however, a topical Lidocaine ointment is utilized to increase comfort throughout your session. The first step is numbing the eyebrow area for 25 minutes. A secondary numbing session will be done in addition.
How long will my result last?
After your first session you will go through a 4 week healing process during which time brows may fade and/or shrink. This is due to the pigment absorbing into the dermis. Please TRUST THE PROCESS and rest assured that the first session is NOT your final product! A touch up session is required at the 6-8 week mark to reinforce the hair strokes and/or the shading. This is also known as the perfecting session where we will correct any areas that may have shrunk and/or faded. After the touch up session, you can expect a lasting result for 12-18 months. An annual touch up is recommended to maintain the shape and color of your brows.
How long will my appointment be?
You can expect your appointment to last anywhere from 2 to 2 1/2 hours. After your eyebrow area has been properly numbed, we measure your eyebrows according to the natural dimensions of your facial structure. Based on the measurements, we draw out the shape and once you approve your shape, we begin with the actual procedure. 2-3 passes of blading and/or shading are done on each eyebrow and then after care instructions are discussed.
What are my after care instructions?
- Avoid getting the area wet for 2 weeks which includes keeping your face dry during a shower
- Don’t wear make up for 2 weeks. This is because the pigments are still settling into the shallow cuts caused by the blading.
- Don’t pick at the scabs, tug, or itch the eyebrow area for two weeks.
- Avoid saunas, swimming, and excessive sweating until the area is completely healed and you have a follow up appointment.
- Keep your hair away from your brow line.
- Apply your aftercare ointment daily for 2 weeks; use a thin film of the ointment on each brow to keep them moist at all times.
- Avoid direct sunlight for 2 weeks.
- Remember to TRUST THE PROCESS.
SIGN YOUR CONSENT FORMS AND WAIVERS HERE: